NEW! TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION CLICK HERE.
TO PRINT OUT AN APPLICATION TO MAIL OR SUBMIT IN PERSON CLICK HERE.
MAIL TO: Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation, 220 SE Green Street, Lee's Summit, MO 64063.
Full Time Employment
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF PARK CONSTRUCTION
(Posted 3/3/15) Provides coordination and development of park construction and greenway projects with supervisory responsibilities as needed. Uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, and make deductions from various facts or circumstances. Works with the Superintendent of Park Planning & Construction to supervise and oversee park construction and greenway projects. Qualifications include five years experience in a similar field or a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field with three years experience preferred. A valid state driver’s license is required. SALARY: Starting at $42,865.82 plus excellent benefits package. Apply online or send resume to Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation, 220 SE Green Street, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063. FAX: 816-969-1515. Open until filled. EOE
Facility Maintenance Specialist
(Re-Posted 3/18/15) The Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for a full-time custodian position for the Legacy Park Community Center. This position performs a variety of duties involving the maintenance and cleaning of the Legacy Park Community Center. Must be available to work varied hours that include evenings and weekends. Salary: $28,268.71 plus benefits. Apply online or send resume & application to the Legacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086. EOE. Open until filled.
Part Time Employment
(Re-Posted 3/24/15) Legacy Park Community Center is seeking flexible, energetic, creative and personable people to serve in the child care center. Interested candidates must be available weekdays 7:45am – 12:30pm.
Requirements: Minimum high school diploma to first year college. Minimum one year experience in working with children between the ages of 6 months to 10 years old. Basic first aid and CPR certification required. Must exhibit good communication and exceptional patron relation skills. Ability to establish good working relationship with patrons, subordinates and supervisors. Ability to maintain self-control and composure and set a professional example for the staff and participants. Hours may vary. Salary: $7.65 / hr. EOE. Apply online here or respond to this posting. Or mail resume to LSPR 220 SE Green Street, LSMO, 64063. Applications may also be dropped off in person at Legacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, LSMO 64086. EOE.
(Posted 3/23/15) LSPR is seeking individuals age 18 and up with in-depth knowledge of volleyball to referee adult volleyball and potentially some youth volleyball matches. Candidates should be able to use accepted techniques in officiating the games, enforce league rules and regulations, maintain self-control and composure, and be responsible for the safety of participants and spectators. Should have experience officiating youth, high school or competitive volleyball matches. NFHS experience preferred.Pay: $10-$20/game, based on experience.
Summer Parks Maintenance
(Posted 3/11/15) The Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation is accepting applications for temporary full time maintenance workers (approximately May - August, 2015). Weekend, holiday and evening work may be required. A valid Missouri driver’s license is required. Duties include but are not limited to, constructing and maintaining of park grounds and facilities such as buildings, planting beds, sports fields and fences using hand and power tools. This position will also be servicing and cleaning playgrounds, swimming pools, and picnic shelters in addition to any daily maintenance related to parks maintenance. Salary is $8.50/hour. An application must be completed and may be obtained at 220 SE Green Street, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063 or online Application deadline is April 11, 2015 EOE
Lifeguard - Indoor Aquatics Morning Shift.
(R-posted 3/2/15) Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation is seeking a qualified lifeguard to assist in the supervision Legacy Park Community Center’s Indoor Aquatics. Primary hours needed are 5am – 10am, Monday-Friday. American Red Cross or equivalent lifeguard training certification required in addition to basic first aid and CPR certification. Can be obtained upon employment. Salary is $7.75/hour. An application must be completed and may be obtained at 220 SE Green Street, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063 or online. EOE
Personal Trainer for Legacy Park Community Center
(Posted 2/9/15). This position is responsible for possessing the knowledge, skills and abilities for safe and effective exercise and fitness program design, instruction and assistance for the purpose of reaching personal health and fitness goals.
Interested candidates must possess:
1. Knowledge of human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition and basic exercise science
2. An ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs and attainable goals of specific clients
3. An ability to conduct and understand the need and importance of screening and client assessment, initially and progressively
4. An ability to execute individual fitness program design in a safe and effective way
5. A desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, resistance and flexibility exercise
6. An ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
7. A dedication to maintaining personal integrity and your own health and fitness
8. An ability to interact with patrons in a professional manner and represent Legacy Park Community Center along with Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation to a world class standard.
Basic first aid and CPR certification required. Current Accredited National Personal Training Certification such as ACSM, ACE, NSCA, NASM, etc required. Required to perform and pass demonstration of skills for RevUP Program Supervisor and Legacy Park Community Center Assistant Manager. Must be able to maintain current certifications. Apply online here (include resume) or mail resume to LSPR 220 SE Green Street, LSMO, 64063. Applications may also be dropped off in person at Legacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, LSMO 64086. EOE.
Summit Waves Summer 2015 NOW HIRING!
Summit Waves is located just off 50 Highway and 291 South in Lee's Summit and includes a 904' Action River, one body slide and one tube slide, a six lane lap pool with diving boards, a water playground area featuring mini-slides, dump buckets and more. It also offers a concession stand, private rentals and more. Summit Waves
provides a safe, clean, family friendly atmosphere and hires self motivated, professional people who keep customer service in mind at all times. If this is you, apply online today! Interviews beginning soon! (Positions open until filled). LSPR is an EOE.
- ASSISTANT FACILITY MANAGER: Responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Summit Waves Aquatic Center. This includes managing all programs, welcome desk, food and beverage and custodial staff, and oversees contracted lifeguard staff. Bachelor’s degree and three years experience in pool operations preferred. Position to start mid May through Labor Day. Compensation: $13.50 / hr.
- WELCOME DESK / FOOD & BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR: Responds to telephone requests, assists patrons and performs a wide variety of administrative functions for the parks and recreation staff. Processes high volumes of entry fees and memberships seasonally and maintains critical cash controls. Supervises part-time employees. One to two years experience in customer service preferred as well as basic first aid and CPR. Jackson County Food Handlers permit required. Compensation: $9.00/HR.
- HEAD LIFEGUARD: Responsible for assisting the Aquatics Coordinator and Assistant Facility Manager in the physical operation and maintenance of Summit Waves and/or Legacy Park Community Center aquatics center. This includes supervision of lifeguard, program, custodial and welcome desk staff. High school graduate plus 2 years experience in management and/or aquatics preferred. American Red Cross or equivalent lifeguard training certification required as well as basic first aid and CPR certification. Compensation: $9.00/hr.
- LIFEGUARD: No previous experience of lifeguard certification required, training and certification provided. Must be at least 15 years of age, able to swim 300 yards without stopping, tread water for minimum of 2 minutes without using hands, and retrieve a 5 lb brick from the bottom of a pool. Compensation: $7.75 / HR.
- SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTOR: Responsible for teaching swimming lessons in a logical progression for aquatic sill development. One to two years experience in customer service preferred as well as basic first aid and CPR. Also, American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification preferred. Compensation: $7.75 / HR.
Camp Summit Summer 2015 NOW HIRING!
Be a part of one of the most popular recreational day camps in the area with over 400 five to eleven year olds each week! Camp Summit provides a safe, organized, fun and activity filled atmopshere and requires the same type of employees to help make it what it is - if this is you, apply online today! Interviews beginning soon! (Positions open until filled). LSPR is an EOE.
- CAMP COUNSELOR: Applicants must be 18 or older and should be available during the day for the summer months. Position is responsible for maintaining a recreational and safe day camp. Pay: $7.65 / Hour
Indoor Swim Lesson Instructor - Legacy Park Community Center
(Posted 10/31/14) LSPR is hiring swim lesson instructors for the Legacy Park Community Center. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday hours available. Must be at least 16 years of age, minimum of 1 year experience preferred. Pay Rate: $7.50 / Hour or $8.50 / Hour is WSI Certified. Apply online here or mail resume to LSPR 220 SE Green Street, LSMO, 64063. Applications may also be dropped off in person at Legacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, LSMO 64086. EOE.
Group Exercise Instructor
(Re-posted 10/20/14) Lee's Summit Parks & Recreation is hiring Group Exercise Instructors. This position is responsible for conducting quality group exercise classes. The instructor is expected to emphasize patron service, and to work with retention and promotion of quality programs. Basic first aid and CPR certification required. Current Accredited National Group Exercise Certification such as ACSM, ACE, AFAA and ZUMBA, etc required. May Be required to perform and pass demonstration of skills for Recreation Supervisor. Must be able to maintain current certifications. Compensation: $18 - $23/hour. Apply online or send application to Legacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, Lee's Summit, MO 64086. Open until filled. EOE