Foreclosed/Abandoned Property - Smoking Ordinance - Codes Administration Department Page
Workflow for Code Enforcement process
The Neighborhood Services division of the Codes Administration Department is responsible for enforcing various City Ordinances related to maintenance and use of property. Through a cooperative effort of the City Council and the citizens of Lee's Summit, we can maintain property values and create a better quality of life within our community.
Maintenance and use of private property with the City of Lee's Summit is generally guided by three City Ordinances:
- City Code of Ordinances (Chapter 16 Property Maintenance)
- Tall grass and weeds in excess of 10"
- Improper storage of trash and debris
- Parking in the grass
- Improper storage of unlicensed and inoperable vehicles
- Lee's Summit Unified Development Ordinance
- Operating a home-based business without proper licensing and approval
- Expanding existing businesses without proper approvals
- Sign regulations - unpermitted/unauthorized signage or signs improperly placed within the community (such as in the City's right-of-way)
If you think there might be an existing code violation in your neighborhood, contact the Neighborhood Services division to investigate. Citizens can call 816-969-1200 or Contact us on-line and select “Neighborhood Services” as the Department/Contact.