Foreclosed/Abandoned Property - Smoking Ordinance - Planning & Codes Administration Department Page
Workflow for Code Enforcement process
The Neighborhood Services division of the Planning & Codes Administration Department is responsible for enforcing various City Ordinances related to maintenance and use of property. Through a cooperative effort of the City Council and the citizens of Lee's Summit, we can maintain property values and create a better quality of life within our community.
Maintenance and use of private property with the City of Lee's Summit is generally guided by three City Ordinances:
- City Code of Ordinances (Chapter 16 Property Maintenance)
- Tall grass and weeds in excess of 10"
- Improper storage of trash and debris
- Parking in the grass
- Improper storage of unlicensed and inoperable vehicles
- Lee's Summit Unified Development Ordinance
- Operating a home-based business without proper licensing and approval
- Expanding existing businesses without proper approvals
- Sign regulations - unpermitted/unauthorized signage or signs improperly placed within the community (such as in the City's right-of-way)
If you think there might be a code violation in your neighborhood, contact the Neighborhood Services division to investigate. Citizens can call 816-969-1200 or Contact us on-line and select “Neighborhood Services” as the Department/Contact.